joel marion (dot) blogspot (dot) com
My name is Joel. This is my Blog.

Friday, November 17, 2006
music
Finally, after much time, I've learned how to embed music files in my web page... well, kind of... for whatever reason, the plugin I found doesn't always work on Internet explorer (just one more reason you should be using Firefox).

I hope you like it. The song curently hosted is a little unfinished instrumental piece I put together, probably while procrastinating doing some studying. It fits with my regular writing style of "this is what I'd like to listen to." Lo and behold, other people like to listen to it too.

I've been playing with a few different instrumentals of a similar sort quite a bit lately. it's probably from all that Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin, and Paco DeLucia stuff I've been listening to.

It's really a guilty pleasure to be able to record at my leasure, and multitrack as much or as little as I want. The ability to lay down a simple, repeating section and be able to play with it over and over (and over) again really has changed the way I play. At the same time, I have to fight the temptation to over-produce a piece, especially before it's even finished! So, as a part of my effortst to "release" the songwriting process, I'm venturing out and sharing this song, another "unfinished thought" on my guitar.

For those of you who already know some of my music, don't worry, I haven't given up on the basic "four chords and pained lyrics" songwriting style just yet, but I have been toying with this new development along side. In a pefect world I'd figure out how to mesh the two together, but for that I would need another guitar player with similar tastes -- something I have yet to find.
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wow!
I really like your new music!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Very nice. Je t'encourage, keep it up!
:) SOPHIE

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Your music is beautiful, peaceful and inspiring. Your talent is impressive. I've also switched to Firefox, thanx 2 your suggestions.
I'm also glad your home safe and sound, considering the upheaval that's now going on in the DRC.

Love,

Dad