joel marion (dot) blogspot (dot) com
My name is Joel. This is my Blog.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007
10,000 Days
In a moment of curious daydreaming (and clearly not doing the studying I had sat down for), I found myself wondering about the name of Tool's album, 10,000 days. How long is that, exactly? I thought to myself. And when will I reach this mysterious milestone?
Well, a quick google search later, and I found a website dedicated to answering exactly this question (something for everyone, eh?!). Turns out on my 10,000th day I will be 27 years, 4 months, and 16 days old... and the date will be September 13, 2008.
...
the irony is perhaps only my own.
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
The 10,000 days title refers roughly to the amount of time between when Judith Marie Keenan was partially paralyzed and her death in 2002 - 27 years. '10,000 days in the fire is long enough, you're going home'

Anonymous Anonymous said...
...the imputing of significance upon round numbers - future days falling on past days...of birth days and death days; making people resurface with the variable combination of numbers, like tumblers falling in a lock.

...why do we observe people's beginnings and endings with the customary marking of time, yet not as frequently with the time in between?...some time, for some reason, is not ascribed with such meaning.

the quote i found on the site to do a similar calculation was curious:

"Have you really lived 10,000 or more days? or have you lived one day 10,000 times or more?"