joel marion (dot) blogspot (dot) com
My name is Joel. This is my Blog.

Thursday, October 27, 2005
More Good News
Wow, so many interesting things happening…
Okay, first thing first:
Hand in Hand for Peace in the Congo
Sunday, October 30, 2005
Duckworth Centre (400 Spence st.)
University of Winnipeg
5:00-10:00pm
Photo Exibition
Guest Speakers
Traditional Food ($5)
Live Music* and Dance
Donations welcome

Joel Going Back to Thailand…
Yes, that’s right folks, I think it might actually happen real soon. I just spoke to Ruth, the Practicum Coordinator at Menno Simons (the Conflict Res. College part of my Degree), and she gave me the green light to hook up with an organization working in Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand! I still need to learn a lot about the group before I can really speak to exactly what it is that they do, and what I might be doing, but it has to do with political dissidents (I think) from Burma/Myanmar… really, just wait a bit, I’ll get some better info for you. The point is, I could be in Thailand by this time next year, eating Kanoms and Sticky Rice, and sweating my balls off in what’s supposed to be winter.
…more news to follow as I get it…
-joel
2 Comments:
Blogger jpmozambique said...
That's awesome Joel...what an opportunity!! Keep me posted on how things turn out. Looking forward to swapping stories and jamming with you again the next time our paths cross.

Long may you run bro!

Jared

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Joel,
I think it's so funny how I always assumed that you knew Leslie, who did CWY the same year as me (the year after you) and had a lot of similar interests... and now because I finally took the time to hook you up with her blog (it's a powerful thing, I tell ya)...you might be going to the same place she is. No, don't thank me. Things like this just happen. Like-minded people gravitate to each other - a truly beautiful thing.

Sister Crystal