joel marion (dot) blogspot (dot) com
My name is Joel. This is my Blog.

Friday, June 01, 2007
Podcast Production
Before I got into it I figured podcast production would be fairly straightforward: record the audio, host it online, make a feed linking to the audio. How hard could that be? Well, after three weeks of grueling audio editing, uploading, formatting, coding, and validating I finally produced my first podcast for the Human Rights and Social Justice Conference at the University of Winnipeg.

On top of building the podcast, I got the opportunity to take advantage of Archive.org, a cool site dedicated to preserving digital history. They were immensely helpful in navigating their labyrinthian site and its mysterious codes, and even created a special collection page for the conference.

So, if you are interested in listening to any of the 27 sessions that took place during the Human Rights and Social Justice Conference at the University of Winnipeg (Feb 23-25, 2007), check it out at http://www.archive.org/details/human_rights_and_social_justice. there is a full index of all the sessions, as well as an XML podcast feed to download everything, for you iTunes junkies. All the sessions are available free of charge.

enjoy!