joel marion (dot) blogspot (dot) com
My name is Joel. This is my Blog.

Monday, September 19, 2005
On Unfinished Thoughts
(A Little Hop, A Growing Wagon… But Where’s the Band?)
They say all things have a beginning, but I’d like to think that this blog has grown out of many other things. The fact that you’re reading it, however, marks a milestone. I’ve finally hopped onto this wobbly, growing bandwagon, as if I’m another weary traveller carving his name into the splinters of a tree. Steve inspired me with this thought:
“I have thoughts, and images that float around in my head with no home […] They belong to the world that created them.” (http://fuzzyscorner.blogspot.com/). In this vein I’ve decided to return my unfinished thoughts to the world to see what it does with them. And that’s where you might play a part. I think one of the most underused parts of the internet is the ability to communicate in a variety of ways. We’ve only recently started to realize the potential inherent in all this technology. And with communication comes something lost in the era of newspapers and television: DIALOGUE. Information and ideas should be shared, however unpolished and unfinished they might be, so that we may develop a richer understanding of the world around us. So I want you to comment on the things you will find here, I want you to tell me about things you think are important, and I want you to help me turn this internal dialogue inside out. Criticize me, challenge me, and maybe on occasion praise me. You can even go ahead and use me, but I’d be happiest of all if you’d just tell me, honestly, what you’re thinking… and I’ll keep trying to do the same.
-joel
1 Comments:
Blogger fuzzy said...
i agree with you joel. 100%. A dialog is needed. in our world the desire to keep out of the eyes who watch us, we has begun to cut out thoughts as they apear. we have, in essence become our own thought police. That is not to say that all thoughts should be acted on and imposed on other people. look at thoughts as unknown seeds. they should be nurtured long enough to see if they are weeds or flowers. not tilled out of the soil before they begin.